Thursday, July 30, 2009

Back on the road again (like the song...)

In Norway now, the land of vikings and the world's largest per person consumer of coffee. I figured I should give a little disclaimer on the blog to announce my absence, because I'll be getting out on the Norwegian Highways for the next 10 days and am not sure what access I'll have to a computer...

I'm doing research on a collection of projects under the umbrella association "Norwegian Tourist Routes". By 2015, there should be over 200 different projects completed, ranging from rest stops and bird watching towers, to bike sheds and service stations. They have announced 5 sections officially and have 13 more in the current process of construction. Architects from all over Norway have competed in competitions and the work from what I've seen already is amazing.

Here are some of the firms I've ran across engaged in the projects:

Jensen and Skodvin
Code:arkitektur
Pushak
70N arkitektur
Snoheta
Reiulf Ramstad Arkitektur
Saunders Architecture

And some more info about the overall scope of the project can be found here.

So hope to post again soon, but now its off to spend more than a few nights in a car, and the rain doesn't look to be letting up anytime soon...

No comments: